Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Movie Review: Alice in Wonderland

A few weeks ago I went to see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland with my friend Edna. It was my pick, it looked so magical. I enjoyed the movie but was not blown away. It was good and entertaining but it was not a movie I feel I need to purchase on DVD. The special effects were good and believable, but maybe something with the story was missing... I'm not sure, I can't put my finger on what it needed.

I really enjoyed the field mouse and the hound dog. The mouse was funny with a dry wit and the dog stole my heart with his loyal love for his family. I give it a B+.

4 comments:

soultivity said...

want to watch , love tim burton movies. i havent watched a bad one yet! he gives promise lol. come tho think of it depp hasnt had a bad movie yet eather, that i have seen. even his movie "from hell" was great i beleave was made in 90's and the barbershop was even better lol.

Patrizia said...

I was never super excited to go see this, but I might!

customdesigns4ubynan said...

I know what you mean. I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, but thought Helena Bonham Carter stole the show with her mean Red Queen. There was something missing - it didn't WOW me. Something about Alice herself, and the story...

Unknown said...

I have got to see this movie! The photos you have here and the others I have seen look great.