Thursday, March 11, 2010

What I'm watching - American Pickers

Brian and I are hooked on this new show called American Pickers (on the History Channel). These two guys search for the rusty goodies most people would walk way around. They clean it up a bit and make a profit.

Brian and I have always loved to antique shop and before kids would spend hours in the antique malls or auctions treasure hunting. That's how we ended up with our waterfall bedroom set and an old wooden wheelchair. The wheelchair was resold a few years ago to make room for kid stuff. But our love for the hunt and deal is still strong. Heck, Brian proposed to me in an antique mall... that's another story, but it should tell you we are "Pickers" by heart and this show is right up our alley!

4 comments:

Marla Rae Morrison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marla Rae Morrison said...

Ohhh I love that show! : )

jot said...

Yeah, I've been too. Actually, I know where their headquarters are because it's near where I live. I wasn't hunting for it. I just noticed it one night because the logo really stood out. My uncle went to high school with one of the guys on the show.

Rebecca - iceblueberries said...

My husband is a picker, too! I'll never forget the day when we were first dating when he showed up with an full-size, usable, vintage hairdressers drying chair -- the kind with the big helmet that goes over your hair to dry curlers. Whenever we would plug it in to show it off, the lights would dim in the entire apartment!