Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Potato Corn Sauage Soup

Last week we had a cold and rainy day so I made this new soup for the first time. It was the easiest and yummiest soup I have made! Amelia liked it, Anna sort of liked it, and Brian and I really liked it. I found the recipe here and swapped out the shrimp for diced turkey sausage.

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese

1/2 cup butter

1 cup chopped green onions

2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup

1/2 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn

1/2 pound cooked sausage

1 1/2 cup milk


•In a soup pot, slowly melt cream cheese and butter over low heat. •Add green onions and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.

•Stir in potato soup and corn. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes.

•Stir in milk to desired consistency. Begin with 1/2 cup of milk and add more if needed. Soup will be thick.

•Add cooked sausage and heat thoroughly.

1 comment:

Gallery32 said...

Anything with cream cheese in it is good to me:) I might have to try this recipe. Thanks for posting!