Thursday, August 13, 2009

Movie Review: John Hughes Films




John Hughes recently died and that made me reminisce about some of my favorite movies growing up. These are my top 4 movies he made. These were all coming of age movies and came out at the perfect time for me.

I think I related most with Molly Ringwald's character in Sixteen Candles, since in high school I was not the popular girl and not the nerd but somewhere in between. I had a huge crush on one of the popular boys in school and he barely knew my name. Sadly the movie got a better ending than I did with the cute guy...

I was thinking how fun it would be to watch these movies with my girls when they become teens, but then I realized they won't get it, the jokes, the clothes, it will be so out dated. I'm sure there will be a current teen movie that will strike a special cord with them. I'll still watch it with them and we'll have to see.

So these are my top 4 what is your favorite John Hughes movie?

No comments: