Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Poole, England... Part 2

The big day... this is why we flew to England, to join in the celebration of my brother Brent & Helen's wedding. It was a chilly, rainy day, but it did not damper Brent and Helen, you could see the love beaming from their souls, they were so happy. 

My girls did great that day, Amelia walked down the aisle with Sophie (Helen's sister) and Anna an I walked together holding hands. They were wonderful, smiling for the photos and being the cute bridesmaids there were supposed to be. Thank goodness... I wasn't sure how they would do that day.


The wedding was an all day event. Wedding at 12:00, photos and then to the reception for appetizers about 3:00. A 4 course dinner from 4:30 to 6:30 with several toast. Tea and coffee break then Scottish dancing (like square dancing) all night. Then more appetizers and cake at 10:00. Wedding ends at 11:30. 

Sometime I will have to write about all the differences the wedding and reception had compared an American wedding. It was a wonderful day (I loved the dancing) and we were all glad to make the trip... one we will remember always.

Congratulations to Brent & Helen!

No comments: