Monday, September 8, 2008

Memories - college no.1

I ran into an Alpha Xi Delta sorority sister last week and seeing her made me think college and how my sorority was very involved in inter mural sports. I remember playing indoor & outdoor soccer, softball, flag football, volleyball, even water polo (we played sitting in inter tubes wearing the funny numbered caps to protect your ears) I wish I had a picture of that!

 I remember how much fun it was, except one day I had a softball game after dinner. I had eaten a turkey sandwich from the school's cafeteria and went to the game. After awhile I felt very ill and one of my sisters took me back to the house. I ran inside and threw up and continued to throw up for 2 days straight. I had food poisoning and that was the sickest I had ever been. I was up all night shivering and sweating through my clothes. My parents were hours away and so my sisters took care of me. It's always nice to know you have sisters to look out for you.

No comments: